Portage Home Visiting Service
If you're the parent or carer of a pre-school child who may benefit from the Portage Home Visiting Service, please apply below.
ApplyApply for help online
The Early Years Portage and Inclusion Team provide support to families and early years practitioners for children from birth to 5 years, who are disabled and/or have special educational needs.
This team of specialists offer -
- advice and guidance to all providers of early education and childcare
- a home visiting service using the Portage model. This is available to children and families via a referral process
- a non-designated Key Working function
For Early Years Practitioners and Early Years Settings, this support includes -
- providing appropriate support and interventions for individual children's needs
- developing strategies and targets for children's Individual Education Plans
- monitoring and reviewing children's rate of progress
- awareness of special educational needs processes and procedures.
The Portage Home Visiting Service covers -
- helping families and children learn together
- providing strategies and targets to support children's development
- providing ideas for play/teaching activities to support parents/carers in stimulating their child's development
- supporting parents/carers in developing their knowledge regarding special educational needs processes and procedures.
The team also supports the positive transfer of children with disabilities and/or special educational needs to the next phase of their education within the Early Years Foundation Stage.